We offer full refunds within 7 days of purchase with no questions asked for the following services and licenses:
- [[Introduction to Obsidian Publish|Obsidian Publish]]
- [[Introduction to Obsidian Sync|Obsidian Sync]]
- [[Commercial license]]
> [!Warning] No refunds for Catalyst or Obsidian Credit
> [[Catalyst license|Catalyst licenses]] are **not** refundable. While they give you a number of benefits, they're intended to support the Obsidian development and aren't sold as products.
> Similarly, we do not offer refunds for Obsidian Credit, as credit can be transferred to another account and we cannot track these transfers.
> Sorry for the inconvenience.
> [!tip] Talk to a human
> If you have any trouble with a transaction, or you need a refund past 7 days after purchase due to exceptional circumstances, [[Help and support#Contact Obsidian support|contact Obsidian support]].
## Request a refund
1. Log into your account [on our Account page](https://obsidian.md/account).
2. Under **Payment & billing → Invoices & refunds**, click **View**.
3. Next to the payments you want a refund for, if you’re qualified for a refund, you’ll see a link to **Get refund**. Click on the click.
4. Your service will be removed and any auto-renewals will be cancelled as well. If you confirm to proceed, click **Request refund**.
> [!question]- Q1. What happens if I refund my service?
> If you are refunding an Obsidian Sync or Obsidian Publish subscription, any remote vaults or publish sites are deleted, and can not be retrieved even if you subscribe again.
> >[!info] Please note that this does not happen if your [[Limitations#How long do you keep my data after my subscription expires?|subscription expires]].
> If you are refunding an Obsidian Commercial license, the associated license key will be deactivated.