This page explains how you can customize how your [[Introduction to Obsidian Publish|Obsidian Publish]] site looks and feels.
## Static assets
You can customize your site by [[Publish and unpublish notes#Publish notes|publishing]] the following files to your site:
- `publish.css` to add custom CSS
- `favicon-32x32.png` to set the favicon
- By default, `publish.css` and `publish.js` don't appear in the file explorer, but you can still publish them from the **Publish changes** dialog.
For favicons, Obsidian Publish supports the following naming conventions, where `32` is the icon dimensions in pixels:
We recommend that you provide one or more of the following dimensions:
## Use a community theme
To use one of the community themes for your site:
1. Open your vault in the default file explorer for your OS.
2. Go to the vault settings folder (default: `.obsidian`).
3. Open the `themes` folder.
4. Copy the CSS file for the theme you want to use for your site.
5. Paste the file into the root folder of your vault.
6. Rename the CSS file to `publish.css`.
7. [[Publish and unpublish notes#Publish notes|Publish]] `publish.css`.
- If the style doesn't change within a few minutes, you may need to refresh your browser cache.
- You can switch between light and dark mode in the [[Manage sites#View site options|site options]].
> [!tip] Developing themes
> Can't find the theme for you? Learn how to [Build a Publish theme](https://docs.obsidian.md/Themes/Obsidian+Publish+themes/Build+a+Publish+theme) yourself.
## Enable UI features
You can toggle several UI features for your site, such as the graph view or a table of contents.
Browse the available UI features under the **Reading experience** and **Components** sections in the [[Manage sites#View site options|site options]]