The Quick switcher lets you search and open notes using only your keyboard.
## Open Quick switcher
There are several ways to open Quick Switcher, when it’s enabled:
- Press `Ctrl+O` (or `Cmd+O` on macOS) to open the Quick switcher;
- In the ribbon, click **Open Quick switcher** (magnifying glass on document icon);
- On mobile, when you’re not editing a note, tap the plus icon at bottom center of the app.
## Open a note with Quick switcher
1. [[#Open Quick switcher]].
2. Type to search for a note by name or alias.
3. Navigate to the note using the arrow keys.
4. Press `Enter` to open the selected note.
If the text doesn't match any notes, you can press `Enter` to create a note with that name. Even if the text matches one or more similar notes, you can still create a note with the exact name by pressing `Shift+Enter`.
You can open the selected note in a new tab by pressing `Ctrl+Enter` (or `Cmd+Enter` on macOS).
> [!tip] Toggle between two notes
> If the search term is empty, the Quick switcher shows the most recent notes. Toggle between two notes by opening the Quick switcher, pressing the `Down` arrow, and then pressing `Enter`.