Obsidian allows you to easily migrate your notes from Evernote using the [[Importer|Importer plugin]].
## Export your data from Evernote
Obsidian uses Evernote's export format `.enex` files.
You can find Evernote's instructions for exporting your data [on Evenote's website](https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/209005557-Export-notes-and-notebooks-as-ENEX-or-HTML). This method allows you to export entire notebooks in the desktop client.
1. Go to the Notebooks screen.
2. Click on **More actions** (`•••` icon) and choose **Export Notebook...**
3. Select **ENEX** as the file format.
3. Choose a location for your exported `.enex` file.
## Import your Evernote data into Obsidian
You will need the official Obsidian [[Importer]] plugin, which you can [install here](obsidian://show-plugin?id=obsidian-importer).
1. Open **Settings**.
2. Go to **Community Plugins** and [install Importer](obsidian://show-plugin?id=obsidian-importer).
3. Enable the Importer plugin.
4. Open the **Importer** plugin using the command palette or ribbon icon.
5. Under **File format** choose **Evernote (.enex)**.
6. Select the location of your Evernote backup file.
7. Click **Import** and wait until import is complete.
8. You're done!
### Import settings
For more advanced import options from Evernote you can also try [importing via Yarle](https://github.com/akosbalasko/yarle).