Obsidian allows you to easily migrate your notes from Google Keep using the [[Importer|Importer plugin]].
## Export your data from Google Keep
1. Go to [Google Takeout](https://takeout.google.com/settings/takeout) and log into your Google account.
2. Click **Deselect all** in the top right corner.
3. Scroll down and select **Keep** from the list.
4. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click **Next step**.
5. On the next screen, click the **Create export** button.
6. Download the `.zip` file once it is available.
## Import your Google Keep data into Obsidian
You will need the official Obsidian [[Importer]] plugin, which you can [install here](obsidian://show-plugin?id=obsidian-importer).
1. Open **Settings**.
2. Go to **Community Plugins** and [install Importer](obsidian://show-plugin?id=obsidian-importer).
3. Enable the Importer plugin.
4. Open the **Importer** plugin using the command palette or ribbon icon.
5. Under **File format** choose **Google Keep (.zip).**
6. Select the location of your `.zip` file.
7. Click **Import** and wait until import is complete.
8. You're done!
### Supported features
- All checklists will import as top-level items because Google Keep doesn't export indentation information.
- Reminders and user assignments on notes will not be imported because these features are not supported by Obsidian.
- All other information should import as a combination of content and tags.