Obsidian allows you to easily import individual HTML files and entire folders of HTML files using the official [[Importer|Importer plugin]]. This is useful if you want to save whole websites to [[Obsidian Flavored Markdown|Markdown]] format, or if you want to import data from a tool that exports to HTML.
If you are importing notes from a specific app, you may want to first review the list of apps supported by [[Importer|Importer plugin]] to check if there is a specific converter that will better preserve the data you are migrating.
## Import HTML data into Obsidian
You will need the official Obsidian [[Importer]] plugin, which you can [install here](obsidian://show-plugin?id=obsidian-importer).
1. Open **Settings**.
2. Go to **Community Plugins** and [install Importer](obsidian://show-plugin?id=obsidian-importer).
3. Enable the Importer plugin.
4. Open the **Importer** plugin using the command palette or ribbon icon.
5. Under **File format** choose **HTML (.html).**
6. Select the location of your HTML files or folders.
7. Click **Import** and wait until import is complete.
8. You're done!
### Import settings
- **Attachment size limit**: Skip importing attachments larger than the specified size.
- **Minimum image size**: Skip importing images smaller than the specified size in either dimension. Can be used to skip icons and logos.